Sunday, February 26, 2012

T-Shirt Recycling

What do you do when you’re out of High School and have 30 t-shirts that would suggest otherwise?
You have your mom make you an amazing quilt!
Resampled952011-12-259513-26-369
My mom spent hundreds of hours of labor making this blanket.
She gave it to me for Christmas. She calls it “The Quilt That Stole Christmas”
SAM_0524
I absolutely love it. I love my mom. It now graces my bed at college.
SAM_0550
Every patch (aka t-shirt) has a such a meaningful memory. Here are a few:
Being Glinda, Auntie Em, and an ensemble member in Wizard of Oz.
SAM_0553L1002040
Sadie’s 09 when we were all different sodas
SAM_055411040_1277600659127_1203314862_30861111_3106141_n
Utah Ambassadors of Music, European Tour
I love that these still have the collars on them!
SAM_0552262846_10150233989700895_544005894_7852061_4085942_n
Student Government
SAM_0551DSC_0372
Among other things.
I’m so happy with how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Mom is amazing! I love your blog, by the way. Will you design mine for me? Mine is so boring. I feel like I only have enough time to post a picture and a story. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete