Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Buddhist Temples and The Yellow Crane Tower

There’s this joke going around my friends that I’m an inactive member of the church now and I’ve become either Buddhist or Catholic… well I did go to a Buddhist Temple in China and participated in a Catholic service at Westminster Abbey in London… not to mention that I’ve only been to church 3 times this summer. Anyway…
Sometimes in China, when we weren’t rehearsing, we didn’t have anything to do besides shop. Well eventually we got a little sick of shopping (even though the deals there are outstanding). We were walking down a street one day and found a Buddhist Temple!! We were pretty stoked.
IMG_2817IMG_2820IMG_2822IMG_2824IMG_2840IMG_2841 
We climbed that huge tower by the way.
The Yellow Crane Tower is one of the “Four Great Towers” in China. Although I consider Wuhan not to be a tourist city, this was probably the most “tourist-y” thing there. We were still the only white people and had the Chinese coming up and wanting pictures with us so maybe it is only a big deal in China.
270159_10150254611467764_507777763_7617058_5831100_nIMG_0037IMG_0040IMG_0050IMG_0080
Now I’ve had my fair share of climbing things this summer and this Tower was one of them. Here’s the view from the top:
IMG_0074IMG_0072IMG_0073 
(China is really smoggy)
It was actually our last day in Wuhan that we went to the tower and when we looked over the city, we could point out all the places that we had been and it was so neat. I really felt a part of China in that moment.
I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of you, your mom and sister with the elephant. How fun to be able to experience such wonders with them.

    ReplyDelete