Friday, August 5, 2011

AROUND THE WORLD AND BACK!

265061_10150207214860895_544005894_7628552_2620284_n
The Great Wall of China
262846_10150233989700895_544005894_7852061_4085942_n
The Eiffel Tower
283519_132598386830759_100002417959161_211434_2524383_n
Notre Dame
IMG_1526
The Great Matterhorn (Switzerland)
224563_10150251272699794_533939793_7891690_4328160_n
The Hills of Austria
IMG_1704
St. Mark’s Basilica (Venice)
P7080337
I had a heel-click in front of Big Ben but unfortunately I lost all my pictures from London and Paris…
IMG_1847
Notice my jacket…. Deutschland!!

So I’ve been a few places this summer…. There is simply too much to blog about and too many pictures to post and so let me just write about a few of my favorite parts from each place.
China – being in a 10 million populated city (Wuhan, Hubei) and having everyone come up to me and ask to have a picture taken with me. We were all celebrities there! (Especially the light-haired, blue-eyed girls hehe.) I definitely feel like royalty. We spent three weeks in China, two of which were spent rehearsing and performing with the Hubei Symphony Orchestra. We all had Chinese stand-partners and mine was a sweetheart. She didn’t speak very much English but neither did most of the people I met. Somehow though, we managed to become pretty close friends… even with the language barrier. My most important and favorite lesson in China was that music is a universal language. Actually, I re-learned that in every country that I went to.
IMG_2384
We spent our last 4 days in Beijing where we saw The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, The Temple of Heaven, the pearl, silk, jade, and tea factories, and of course, climbed the Great Wall…. among other things. I might have to continually blog about certain things on this trip.
IMG_0456
Oh by the way…. I sat on an elephant.
 IMG_0119
London – seeing Phantom of the Opera, Big Ben, and finding out That London Bridge isn’t really London Bridge.… It’s called the Tower of London. Did you know the real London Bridge is in Arizona? It’s true. Look it up. Oh also, I got to go to a church service in Westminster Abbey.
228985_10150259926969794_533939793_7992536_2833482_n
Paris – climbing the Eiffel Tower in the pouring rain!! Need I say more? Probably not.
226136_10150252757824794_533939793_7911896_392196_n
P7110766
Crans-Montana, Switzerland – getting encored 5 times in our concert and bawling my eyes out during Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, the amazing view from our hotel room, and watching people drop their cheese during fondu… then having to kiss every boy on the table. (I never dropped the cheese, don’t worry.) Oh and the CHOCOLATE!
IMG_1362IMG_1505IMG_1507
Innsbruck, Austria – seeing Mozart’s home, eating big pizzas, yelling/singing “the hills are alive with the sound of music…. aaaah” :) S

IMG_1595283208_10150251272584794_533939793_7891688_3857267_n
Venice, Italy – ummm being in the City that holds the same name as my roommate, streets made out of water!!!, yummy Gilato, but I must say that my favorite part of Venice was singing in St. Mark’s Basilica. I wish pictures had been allowed in there.
IMG_1706IMG_1673
Rothenburg, Germany – stopping at Dachau Concentration Camp on the way, the cute houses, the cobblestone, being in Christmas decoration heaven, crying at our last concert, and thinking of the wonderful friends I made on this trip. How lucky am I?
IMG_1801IMG_1797IMG_1795IMG_1823
This summer has helped me appreciate so many different cultures. For the rest of my life, I want to travel as much as I possibly can. Being a poor musician has it’s benefits right?

1 comment:

  1. Great pics!! I am soooo jealous. I have been to most of those cities as well and I miss Europe a lot. Hope to hear more of your trips soon!

    ReplyDelete