Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkins and Mission Calls

This week, I was able to drive down to Cedar City and spend time with friends and family. The special occasion? My best friend Andrew opened his mission call!
Naturally, all of his siblings wanted to be there, so he waited over six hours in aggravation before he opened it. I have never seen him so jumpy. We came up with ways to distract him though:
(Sorry the pictures are terrible quality; I forgot my camera.)
1013112045
We Carved Pumpkins! (Or as Andrew would say: “punkins”)
1013112043
He carved an Oregon “O” with duck prints around it… surprise, surprise.
1013112042
I did a violin, although now I wish I had done a “Y” with cougar prints around it, ha ha.
Resampled952011-10-139519-49-289
My Papa took us out to dinner. It was so good to see him. (Also, my dad told the waiter it was Andrew’s birthday…eh it might as well have been.)
1013112102
We read George’s Marvelous Medicine.
1013112125
He waited anxiously.
1013112134
Then finally the moment came….

Andrew has been called to serve in the Argentina, Mendoza Mission!!!

I’m so proud of him. He’s going to make a fantastic missionary. I’m so grateful I got to be there for that special experience.

P.S. later in the weekend we fulfilled one of my life dreams of going to a corn maze….. so much fun!
1015111940

2 comments: